Monday, December 18, 2006

Lazy week...

Last week (10-16 Dec 06) was a lazy chess week for me, namely I'd only make 10 hours of chess related activities... the story started after reading an interesting article from the Internet about getting the IM title(approx. 2450) from a 2200 player within 2 years, I wrote my own "interesting" plan of becoming a 2200 player within 2 years, since I am only 2000+...

Here goes my "interesting" plan:
20~30 hours per week
1~2 hours per working day (Monday~Friday)
4~8 hours per weekends (Saturday and Sunday)

Out of the 20~30 hours, following activities are planned:
- Solving of puzzles
- Studying of Endgame
- Studying of books (mostly on positional)
- Studying of my own games and sort of covering weakness
- Opening Preparation

This plan was started since end of July 06 and after few months of executions, seems that my play was slightly improved (StarWalk Chess Tournament is the evident though it was only a rapid event.

Hopefully I will be more hardworking in the future...

Until next time,
Eu Hong

No comments: