Monday, January 8, 2007

Planning @ 2007

Following a not-so-good plan is better than wondering without a plan.

Usually I will keep my plan to myself so that no one would know when those plans are not executed properly (sometimes not even executed). This year, however, I think announcing my plan would make me more determined!

On Career it is more towards a long term planning instead of a 1 year plan as experience and skills need time to develope. I had always dream of "retire" from IT development and head towards Application Architect kind of career path, and this dream really require a lot of determination, experience and expertise from different fields. So, first step toward this dream is, application for MBA!! Meanwhile, trying to acquire as much knowledge and skills throughout the year...

Next, on Chess... It had been a year since I last implemented my 2 years plan of chess improvement (refer to older post for the plan) back in July06, its time to revise on it after 6 months. The more obvious improvement of my chess playing strength was seen on tactical ability. The biggest headache is still with my inconsistency at tournaments, mostly due to the fact that I played way too little games compare to other strong players. Yet, I am going to cut my chess study hour to 50% to give way to other activities, e.g. MBA (if I am accepted) and work out on body fitness... So the plan will remain except time working on it will be shorter...

Finally, active mind comes along with healthy body... so work out will be part of my schedule for the coming 2 quarters to slim down myself... the plan is mainly on hiking, indoor soccer, and some "gym" like work out at home... an hour per day should be more than enough though...

Until then, may the force be with me to execute all those plans...

Cheers,
Eu Hong

No comments: