Monday, February 5, 2007

New Library Item

Several reasons and excuses had prevented me from visiting the Borders @ Queensbay Mall and I finally went there yesterday.

I went straight to look for chess books and saw more than 10 titles sitting on the rack and 1 of them being "THE ART OF SACRIFICE IN CHESS by Rudolf Spielmann" which I grabbed instantly.

The book is on list of recommended out of print list by IM Jeremy Silman on his website (http://www.jeremysilman.com/book_reviews/list_recommend_op_bks.html) as on his site he give following comment:
THE ART OF SACRIFICE IN CHESS by Rudolf Spielmann (David McKay Company, Inc.,
198 pages). I picked up a lovely hardcover edition for $10.00, and used
paperbacks are far less. A very nice book.

That cost me RM43.90 for a new and recommended book which is not bad at all. Thus, another new item to my books library and another book on my book_to_read queue...

Cheers!!
Eu Hong

No comments: