Friday, February 2, 2007

Tournament Calendar

Dec 06 and Jan 07 had been a busy chess playing period for me with 4 tournaments in a row and my results are good except for 1 event.

Most people is busy on Feb 07 as there are holidays on line with CNY as the major event so no chess tournament for me.

A quick view at the Chess Calendar at PCA Official website http://www.pca.bayanbaru.com and some other sites shows several events that are worth playing:
1) 18 Mar 07 CLHS Open**
2) 25 Mar 07 PFS Open**
3) 1 Apr 07 PCGHS Open**
4) 14-15 Apr 07 MMU Melaka Open (from my previous post)
5) Jun 07 National Closed Chess Championship**
** subject to confirmation

Event 1 to 4 serve as practice tournament before National Closed take place in Jun. Since the national closed will be hold in Penang, I will try all my best to qualify and play. One seldom got the chance to play in a national championship near home.

Several things before National Closed,
1) Finish what I am reading namely the Zurich 1953 book.
2) Go through and study the opening lines I had been playing for White and Black.
3) Work out physically.
4) Finally, day dreaming!! Yes, every chess players dream of getting a title one day! I am just another guy next door, so dreaming is part of my "routine"... hehehe...

May the force be with me,
Eu Hong

No comments: