Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Chap Goh Meh - Kek Lok Si - Part 1

Chap Goh Meh means the 15th day of the Lunar New Year where it is the last day people celebrating the Lunar New Year. It also serve as the Lunar version of Valentine...

For me, I spent my Chap Goh Meh in quite a different way this year even my foot is hurting from the injury I got from the soccer game the day before. In the morning, I visited several temples nearby my place with my parents and then we went to the house of my uncle where he prepared a nice and delicious tomyam steamboat for us. Too bad I did not brought my camera so no picture...

After the steamboat, we went over to Penang Island for another temple. To the QueensBay Mall we went after that and this time, I remember my camera.
Penang Bridge from one of the outdoor carparks of QueensBay Mall.
I joined my friends at the cinema for movie, "Rocky Balboa". The movie started slowly with Rocky living a normal life as owner of his restaurant where everything has become routine. I especially like the scene where Rocky gave the lecture his son for griping about having a hard time trying to crawl out from under his father's imposing shadow, and the blasting he gave the committee for refusing to give him his boxing licence, even though he had been given a clean bill of health and of course, the training part and finally exhibition match although it never came close to what actually happened at the actual World Heavy Weight Boxing I saw last year where the reigning world champion KO-ed his challenger rather easily.

We took our dinner at Wong Kok Restaurant located at lower ground floor of QueensBay Mall the service was not good as the waiter misplaced our order and let us waited for a long time before we found out...

Finally, done with dinner and heading towards Kek Lok Si...

Traffic on the road starts to get heavy once we entered Aiyer Itam area.

A far away view of Kek Lok Si.
Our destination was the top of the area where I think was everyone's destination as we faced serious traffic jam.
A picture taken when the car was moving and yes! we finally had some movement along the queue.


The gateway to the mid-hill stop which we passed by without stopping.
The pagoda at mid-hill with lights.


Evidence of serious traffic jam.


We were almost there as beautifully designed and decorated walls and roofs is now in sight.

The famous KuanYin statue is finally in sight which means we were only a few metres from top! We made it!


Chap goh meh is also the mid-of-the-month so the full month is greatly visible.


Finally we were there, safely parked our car and going to take more pictures...

More to come on next installment...

cheers!!
Eu Hong

1 comment:

Eu Hong said...

Hello. Yeah, some of the pictures are simply too dark to see anything so some editing is required. :P My photo will be on those coming episode. Stay tuned. :D